Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How to Mix. Mixing with Mike Chav - Lesson 1 : Kick Drum from Mike Chav on Vimeo

This is a very informative video I found over at DJ A-Trak's blog. He uses a technique that involves duplicating a kick track twice, filtering them each so that one is the low end, one is the mid, and one is the high end and then processing those three tracks separately before finally layering them all together. It is a very useful technique, as A-trak stated on his blog that renowned Engineer, Tony Maserati, used that very technique on the kicks in the song "Get Fresh" off of Kid Sister's album. I also have used this technique before on certain elements of my beats but I've never tried it on a kick drum, though. Perhaps I'll start practicing this technique more often.

Anyway, Enjoy!

0 comments: